Our platform is compatible with most activity tracking devices and apps such Garmin, Suunto, Polar, Fitbit, Nike+, Runkeeper, MapMyRun/Ride, etc. Once logged in, you can connect your account from your Dashboard > Manage my apps.
Please connect only one app to prevent your activities from coming into conflict with each other. Your distances manually entered or GPX imported do not enable you to complete our challenges and Virtual Races.
You must connect your app before your first session. When you connect a new app on our platform, only your next activities will be synchronized on our platform. We do not recover your previous rides or runs.
Activities manually entered will not be taken into account by the platform.
1. You run or ride outdoors?
The distance of your sessions practiced outside must be validated by a GPS app, watch or bike computer. We are compatible with GPS watches or apps. Be sure your GPS is activated
Tip: If you have an Apple Watch, you can install and use Nike+, Runkeeper or MapMyRun that are compatible applications the IRONMAN VC platform.
2. You run or ride indoors on a treadmill, stationary bike or home trainer?
If you use a connected treadmill, stationary bike or home trainer such as Elite, Wahoo or Tacx (with a distance and speed sensor), you can sync your trainer (with ANT+ or Bluetooth) to a compatible device or app then connect it to IRONMAN Virtual Club.
Warning: Your trainer has absolutely to be connected, with a distance and speed sensor to send us information we are able to take into account for challenges and Virtual Races. Otherwise, we would have activity without this needed information.
Most connected trainers are compatible with your watch or bike computer (Garmin, Polar, Suunto).
Some others have some specificities:
- Wahoo is compatible with Runkeeper or MapMyFitness (Under Armour).
- Peloton is compatible with Fitbit.
3. You use a virtual reality racing app like Rouvy or Zwift?
- Rouvy: you can connect it directly to the IRONMAN Virtual Club platform
- Zwift: you can connect it through a compatible app: Garmin, Fitbit, Runkeeper or Under Armour apps (MapMyRun/Ride)
Please fill in your weight and height correctly into your settings and use a heart rate monitor as we can carry out performance checks. IRONMAN will proceed controls on the performances of the athletes.
4. Final check: Once connected, please check your device is correctly set up by doing a test activity beforehand.
- Dashboard > Manage my apps > your connected app > Disconnect.
- Please give us all the authorizations requested when reconnecting your tracker account.
- Take extra care to fill out the correct login credentials when connecting your tracker account.
- Ensure that you tracked with the same account that you have connected to Sport Heroes.