You encounter an issue related to your participation in an IRONMAN Virtual Races? Here is everything to know about our rules to have the best experience!
My challenge is incomplete.
- You need to be registered to the race before your first sessions.
For more information: How do I register for an IRONMAN VR?
- Pay attention to the start and end times of the race. Our IRONMAN VR will usually go from 6:00 PM GMT on Friday to 11:59 PM GMT on Sunday. Make sure to check the start and end time on the IRONMAN VR page. Since hours are displayed in GMT, check the time in your city by clicking here.
- Activities have to be done and synchronized after the start (GMT time) and before the end (GMT time) of the race.
- You must run the exact distance of the requested legs. We take into account a small tolerance if you exceed the requested distance, but under no circumstances will a shorter distance be accepted.
- Distances are indicated in kilometers. If you have any doubts, check the distance in miles before your first sessions.
- Do your activities in one go. We will not be able to take into account the activities performed in several parts. So, never stop your watch or app before you're done. Make sure you have enough battery power for the whole session.
- The first registered activity that satisfies the conditions of the virtual race will be counted. Be careful not to do a warm-up or any other activity that would count as your race performance. In case of a mistake, you can decide to delete the wrong activity by clicking on it.
Tip: If an activity is synchronized by mistake, and it prevents another valid activity from being taken into account, you can delete it by clicking on it. Attention, this action is irreversible.
My activity was wrongly synchronized.
- You must connect your watch or application before participating in the race. We cannot access your activities prior to logging in. For more information: How to be sure I am well connected?
- Connect only one tracker per sport. Avoid that your activities arrive in duplicate on IRONMAN VC because they could then be in conflict and not taken into account.
- Activities filled in manually, or entered by GPX import will not be taken into account. To check the athletes' performances, we need access to GPS data or data coming directly from connected training equipment.
I have got an error message, what does it mean?
If you see an activity grayed out in your profile, it means that we do not accept it. By clicking on it, you can understand what the reason is:
- "The activity has already been added with another app.": In this case, we received several activities completed in the same time frame. For safety reasons, we only take into account one activity, rejecting others. You can delete the activity you do not want to keep to force our system to take into account the desired activity.
To avoid this problem, please keep only one source of data for each sport practiced to avoid these duplicate activities that block the system.
- "Manual additions are not accepted for this sport.": The activity that has been synchronized is recorded as a manual activity, which we do not take into account (see above).
In this case, you should check that you are using a compatible watch or application. You should then check this article: How to be sure I am well connected?