Whilst we do not have a direct integration with Strava anymore, iPhone users can still sync their activities recorded on Strava via Apple Health.
- These steps only work if you are using an iPhone device and the Apple Health and Strava apps.
- Not all experiences powered by Sport Heroes have an app version. If you are using an experience that is not available through an app on the Apple Store, unfortunately these steps can't apply...
Here is how to do it, there are two possibilities:
On your Strava account:
- Go to your profile
- Reach your settings (small gear on the top right corner)
- Go to the “Applications, Services and Devices” section
- Click “Connect with Health” and then tick the two boxes on.
- Validate by clicking on "Connect"
From your Apple Health app
- You first have to make sure that from Health, your Strava account is connected and sync data. To do so:
- Go to your Apple Health app profile
- Within the “Privacy” menu, go to the “Apps” section
- Search for “Strava” and turn all categories on (if you can read “turn all categories off” it means the connection is effective)
- Then, still within the Apple Health app,
- Go to the Privacy > Apps section, and look for the Sport Heroes app you are using (Running Heroes, Cycling Heroes, BSMR Virtual club, etc.) Please note that not all our experiences have an app version. If you're on an experience that is not available through an app on the Apple Store, unfortunately, these steps can't apply to you...
- Turn all categories on (if you can read “turn all categories off” it means the connection is effective)
The Apple Health app is now connected to the Sport Heroes app you are using (in the example, Running Heroes). Your Strava activities will be synced to the Sport Heroes app you are using coming from Apple Health app. To see this:
- Go to your Dashboard
- Click on your activity from your feed
- The source must be “Apple Health”